Snowdown Colliery became a centre of employment for miners from various parts of the United Kingdom and with their families, influenced by the 1926 General Strike they moved to Kent, lived locally and many worshipped at the Chapel. During the 2nd World War hundreds of soldiers were billeted in Nonington and many came to the services. Later an influx of students from Nonington Physical Training College added to its congregation. For 90 years there was a well attended Sunday School and many ex scholars, now living all over the world, keep contact with the village. A Family Service with young people is held once a month. The small but loyal congregation happily work closely with St Mary's and therefore the Chapel continues its ecumenical work.
This page is under construction